Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Shoepeg Casserole

I am pretty sure we all have them. That one dish, that if it does not make appearance at Thanksgiving, everyone feels cheated. I made the mistake one year of not making my Shoepeg Casserole. My children are all very picky eaters and anything the begins with vegetable and ends in casserole is a no go.Since that left just me and my husband, I opted not to make the traditional Thanksgiving (and Christmas) yummy casserole a few years ago. And I did not hear the end of it. So now, every year I make this simply wonderful and easy casserole. It also makes a great dish for a potluck, but you might want to write out a few recipe cards ahead of time to hand out because it is that good!

The Cast of Characters:


* Since I am new to blogging and taking pictures of everything I make, I don't have a picture of the finished product yet. Check back after Thursday.



Shoe Peg Casserole

1 can French Style Green Beans, drained
1 can Shoepeg Corn, drained
8oz. sour cream
1 cup grated cheddar
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 roll of Ritz Crackers, crushed
¾ stick of margarine, melted

Combine the first 7 ingredients and spread in an oblong pan ( mine is 7.5 x 12) that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Combine the crushed crackers and margarine and sprinkle over the top. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes.
* Holiday Time Saver Tip: Combine the first 7 ingredients the day before, cover and stick in the fridge until just before you are ready to stick it in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment